Jake Gyllenhaal’s Body Transformation: Workout Routine for Prince of Persia Dissected
Jake Gyllenhaal’s Body Transformation for Prince of Persia was once again the work of Simon Waterson, who also trained Daniel Craig and Chris Evans among others. Jake got a pretty muscular upper body and shoulders.
First things first, Jake Gyllenhaal didn’t not start out being out of shape when preparing for Prince of Persia. In fact, he was already in pretty good shape from the physical training for the movie Jarhead, which is pretty good by the way.
Jake admits that he cycles, runs long distance (10-12km) which is a pretty decent cardiovascular conditioning that also has the nice side effect of keeping him with a low body fat percentage to look good on camera.
Jake Gyllenhaal’s Body Transformation Schedule
The intense training did not go without some tendon injuries which are common when a lot of physical training is done in a short period of time. In fact, tendon and ligament recovery is one of the major roadblocks when it comes to getting results fast. Royal Marine turned personal trainer Simon Waterson’s methods do not just provide a nice looking physique. This is just a side effect from having a body that performs very efficiently.
I applaud his philosophy of putting function and health first, and looks second, as evidenced by Chris Evans, which was based on circuit training done first in the workout to train the body as a whole unit, followed by muscle pumping for aesthetics.
Jake and Simon would start the day super early with a strong black coffee and a snack of half a banana and some nuts. The coffee has a strong appetite suppressing effect. It also stimulates the central nervous system thus making the workout more effective. The half banana gives enough sugar to the body without causing an high insulin response which would decrease your energy.
The workout would start with a warm up and stretching session. After that Jake would run for 30-40 minutes with a 20lbs weighted vest. After that he would do circuit training and hill sprints followed by a cool down and stretches.
Jake Gyllenhaal’s Diet for Prince of Persia
Here’s the diet schedule for Jake Gyllenhaal’s body transformation for Prince of Persia:
- 7:30 am – Breakfast – egg white omelet, rye toast, half a protein shake with blueberries, raspberries and almonds.
- 10:00 am – Snack – half a protein shake with nuts or dark chocolate
- 12:00 am – Lunch – brown rice, chicken plus broccoli, asparagus or spinach OR baked potato with tuna and salad.
- 2:00 and 4:00 pm – Snacks carrots, broccoli or celery with hummus or ranch.
- 6:00 pm – Workout – 30 minutes of circuit training: kettlebell exercises, cables, compound exercises.
- 7:30 pm – Dinner – before dinner – deep tissue massage. For dinner – lean meat or some sushi OR light soup like chicken
- 9:00 pm –Bed time – Jake would have to be up early next day at 5:am so he needed to go to sleep early too.
Jake Gyllenhaal’s Body – Before and After
Bellow is a comparison between Jake’s regular slimmer look and the bulked up physique he got for Prince of Persia. As you can see, he is naturally lean andd all he really had to do for the movie was gain muscle size.
Here are two workouts that are specifically aimed at getting a body like Jake Gyllenhaal in Prince of Persia.
- Visual Impact – Here the emphasis is on achieving a balance between muscular development and muscular hardness and density. This is a great workout for a lean muscular body for both beginners and intermediate guys.
- The Hollywood Physique transformation system has been designed to give you a shocking transformation in as little as 13 weeks. Following this workout plan your body will dramatically improve. Please note – the workout is not for beginners. You need to have some experience in the gym for the system to give the best results.
Top Rated Workouts and Diet Plans
Instead of wasting your time online trying to piece together your fitness plan, take a look at the Recommended programs. This is my list of the top rated fitness resources.
The fitness programs featured here are hand picked by me because they are simply the best ones I’ve personally reviewed and tested.